Friday, February 9, 2018

Puerto Moniz, Madeira





















We drive through a lot of tunnels to the northwest coast of Madeira Island. The sky is clouded and the wind is strong. The place where we go is called Puerto Moniz and it is a nice place with two big Saltwater-Natural-Pools for swimming. First I need a bica (espresso) and sit down at Pocas Café by the saltwater pools. The rock in front of me is my subject now. The waves are strong today and the air is salty. I need to hold palette and sketchbook tight and the tablecloth of my neighbouring tables puff up. Nobody around - only two extreme tough people are swimming in the saltwater pool. For me it is real fun although again I can only do one side of my sketchbook... I got to go...

to be continued...

Wir fahren durch sehr viele Tunnel unter den Bergen hindurch an die Nordwest-Küste Madeiras. Der Himmel ist bewölkt und es windet sehr stark. Der Ort Puerto Moniz ist sehr sympathisch und es gibt zwei grosse Meerwasser-Naturschwimmbäder, die wunderschön in die Felsten eingefügt sind. Wie immer brauche ich erstmal einen bica (Espresso) und nehme in Pocas Café beim Naturschwimmbad Platz. Der Hügel gegenüber wird mein Motiv. Die Wellen klatschen an die Felsen, die Luft ist salzig. Ich halte meine Palette und mein Skizzenbuch gut fest, damit sie nicht weggeweht werden. Die Tischdecken an den Nachbartischen plustern sich vom Wind auf und kaum jemand ist zu sehen. Zwei extrem harte Schwimmer tummeln sich im Meerwasserpool. Macht grossen Spaß, auch wenn ich aus Zeitmangel wieder nur eine Seite im Skizzenbuch malen kann.

Fortsetzung folgt...